Victorian roadmap may be released as early as weekend; NSW to outline next reopening steps; ACT to end lockdown tomorrow. Follow all the day’s news live
- Wilcannia celebrates two weeks without a new case
- Home quarantine apps spark privacy fears
- Victorian post office licensee backs down over refusal to get Covid jab
- How do I get a digital certificate to prove my vaccination status?
- I’m double vaccinated and live in NSW. What are my new freedoms?
- Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Good morning everyone and welcome to Thursday. We are nearly done with the week, don’t worry we can do it!
Well, vaccinations rates are rising fast in Australia’s two most populous states, and as positive is as that is, it’s causing a little bit of a headache for the new NSW premier.
There has been concerns raised about regional NSW when you look at those double dose vaccination rates…[But] we don’t make decisions on a knee jerk reaction. We make decisions in consultation with our health and economic teams.
We’ve always said, if we can do more, we will do more… We’re acutely aware of home gatherings leading to spikes and that was definitely a feature of (the AFL) grand final. They were people that didn’t normally come together…
It’s different for families. If we can limit numbers, if we think the epidemiology looks okay, (I’m) absolutely open to that as well.