Discussions over home quarantine system; NSW premier to meet leaders of areas under strict lockdown rules to discuss concerns over ongoing restrictions – follow updates live
- Guardian Essential poll: majority of Australians support vaccine mandates
- Plan to boost Indigenous Covid vaccinations as bungled Victorian figures corrected
- Australia takes major step towards vaccine passports for international travel
- NSW Covid vaccination rate by postcode – check your suburb
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; borders
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
A plan to fast-track vaccinations in dozens of Indigenous communities has been unveiled by the Australian government’s Covid vaccine taskforce, with an extra $7.7m in funding to help boost take-up rates and address hesitancy and misinformation.
It comes as health authorities were on Monday forced to correct official figures that had incorrectly doubled vaccination rates for Indigenous Victorians.
Related: Australia to boost Indigenous Covid vaccinations as bungled Victorian figures corrected
Casinos operator Crown is considering a ‘no jab, no entry’ policy for patrons as it pushes for its 20,000 staff across Australia to get fully vaccinated, reports AAP.
The gaming group is consulting with its workers and other stakeholder groups about the Covid-19 vaccination policy, which will affect visitors and workers.
As such a significant hospitality employer in Australia with resorts that hosted over 30 million visits a year pre-COVID, we need to take measures to help keep people safe…
That starts with our employees but also extends to our guests and the broader community.
All of this is just being left up to individual business owners and operators…
But in the end, businesses are responsible for health and safety.