A team of expert scientists is set to revive the stalled inquiry into Covid-19’s origins; fully vaccinated travellers will be able to visit Fiji from next month
- Covid booster shots important to stop infection, English study says
- New Zealand region could face up to 5,300 cases a week
- Vaccine hesitant New Yorkers consider leaving as mandates take effect
- President of Brazil says it ‘makes no sense’ for him to be vaccinated
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Scientists have urged eligible people to have Covid booster shots after a major survey in England found evidence of “breakthrough infections” more than three months after full vaccination.
Researchers at Imperial College London analysed more than 100,000 swabs from a random sample of the population and found that Covid infection rates were three to four times higher among unvaccinated people than those who had received two shots.