Last Edited: October 6, 2019 at 1:31 AM
This guide explains how you can start Vex Offensive, how to access Vex Invasion Zones, and a Vex Offensive Walkthrough.
How to Start Vex Offensive
Vex Offensive is a 6-player activity that you can play though Matchmaking. The new Vex type covered in foliage from the Black Garden want to claim the Moon as one of their strongholds. You’ll be helping Ikora Rey to stop this from happening by entering the Black Garden.
This activity will unlock weapons which then you’ll have to complete the associated pursuit to acquire it. The pursuits and activities will be replaced with rewards that correspond with the next season.
To start the Vex Offensive activity, you need to complete Eyes on the Moon.
- First, go to Ikora and grab the Vex Invasions bounty.
- The bounty will ask you to defeat 100 Vex on the Moon and defeat 3 Gate Lords.
- Then you get the Eyes on the Moon step.
Vex Invasion Zone Guide
These Warpgate Hot Spots have opened since guardians made their attack during the Vex Offensive in the Black Garden. The Vex are now on the Moon to strike back. These 3 portals are for the Sol Vex Divisive Incursions where the Vex can arrive on the Moon at any time.
There are 3 locations on the map which show where the Vex Invasions will take place. You can easily spot where they are on the map since they have Goblin head symbols.
- Archer’s Line – Towards the top of this region
- Achor of Light – Next to the large Fallen ship
- Hellmouth – Towards the top of the map
Vex Offensive Walkthrough 
- You and your fireteam will land in the Aperture, follow the path and it will take you to an area with multiple platforms on the ground.
- Hack the platform that is marked, and this will trigger the Vex to spawn.
- You and you teammates need to dismantle the Vex until it reaches 100% so there will be couple waves of enemies. You have 5 minutes to dismantle the Vex and to do the next part.
- In this next part, 6 Oracles will spawn in the air and you need to destroy them within the time remaining.
- Take down the Gate Technician Minotaurs which have a white glow around them. They will drop a Void Cranium which you will need to use to break the Oracles.
After you complete it, follow the path forward. It will take you to another area with more platforms.
- In this next part you’re given 5 minutes again and you need do the same things you did earlier. However, you will face tougher enemies this time.
- 12 Oracles will spawn, and you need to destroy them in the time remaining.
Follow the path again and it will take you to the last part which is the boss fight.
- To defeat Crotheon the Gate Keeper, you need to take down the Gate Technician Minotaurs to get the Void Cranium.
- Shoot Crotheon’s shield with the Void Cranium to take it down.You will need a couple Void Craniums to take the shield down all the way.
- Once, the shield is down, the damage phase begins. You have 30 seconds to damage the boss.
- Crotheon will move around the map spawning enemies and putting it’s shield back up, so repeat 8 and 9 until the boss is defeated.
Was this guide helpful?