What on this planet is happening with the Chrome OS workforce this month??
Replace, July 20 (five:15 p.m. ET): Model pulled, new replace rolling out on Wednesday, July 21
What you want to understand
- Stories of problems began flooding as Google driven out Chrome OS replace 91.zero.4472.165 lately.
- Impacted customers can’t log again into their Chromebooks, so don’t replace your Chromebook.
- In case your Chromebook asks to Restart to replace, don’t click on Reboot and don’t close down your system.
- Google is acutely aware of the issue, and a repair must be deployed quickly.
- If you are already locked out, you will have to Powerwash your Chromebook to get again in. In case your tool is bootlooping prior to you’ll be able to get to the lock display, get better the use of a USB power and the Chromebook Restoration Software.
- That is the second one vital computer virus at the strong Chrome OS channel in not up to a month.
By hook or by crook, a big computer virus has slipped via 3 experimental channels and made its means right into a Chrome OS strong channel — AKA the channel that the huge, overwhelming majority of Chromebook house owners are the use of. This computer virus is in Chrome OS 91.zero.4472.165, and it’s not permitting customers to log again into their Chromebooks after the replace, and in some circumstances, their computer is bootlooping in order that they can’t get entry to the lock display. In those circumstances, you’ll be able to wish to create a Chromebook Restoration USB stick the use of the Chromebook Restoration Software and use that to re-image your Chromebook.
If the replace has downloaded however set up has no longer completed, don’t close down your Chromebook. The replace will set up in your subsequent reboot or machine shutdown.
Google turns out to concentrate on the placement and must be operating on a repair quickly, however the replace hasn’t been pulled but, it sort of feels, so do not move to the About Chrome OS display, don’t take a look at for updates, and don’t close down your Chromebook if you’ll be able to assist it.
Customers who sadly were given the replace first are recently locked out in their machines, a minimum of till they Powerwash them. As soon as impacted customers manufacturing unit reset their Chromebook, they may be able to set it again up and get again in, however bear in mind this can be a manufacturing unit reset and can erase all native information and the Linux program information. If you’ll be able to stay up for a repair, you could possibly wait after which replace your Chromebook from Visitor Mode, however we don’t have any timetable for a patch.
We are attaining out to Google to invite when they may have a timeline for the repair and the way this has took place two times in this kind of brief period of time. We will replace this tale as issues development.
Replace, July 20 (five:15 p.m. ET) ― A repair is approaching Wednesday
Google has posted a standing replace at the factor, pronouncing that the corporate has recognized the motive. Whilst Google does not move into specifics, the corporate says that “a brand new model which is able to repair the problem will probably be to be had on July 21st.”
For customers already suffering from the computer virus, Google lays out two choices to replace to the brand new model:
- Go away the Chromebook tool at the login display to obtain the replace by means of auto-update.
- Replace the tool manually after logging into Visitor Mode.
The up to date Chrome OS model must arrive by way of EOD Wednesday, so affected customers can both grasp tight, Powerwash their tool, or roll again to the former model by means of USB.