In this episode of The Van Wirdum Sjorsnado, Aaron and Sjors speak about one of the most greatest releases in Bitcoin’s historical past: Bitcoin Core Zero.21. In particular, they dive into how this unlock will upload strengthen for Tor V3 addresses, a very powerful construction for protecting privateness, and give an explanation for what this implies and why it issues. The pair additionally speak about how new Bitcoin nodes in finding current Bitcoin nodes after they bootstrap to the community.
Pay attention to the audio model right here:
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-van-wirdum-sjorsnado/identity1532957243#episodeGuid=33ac1be5-ac65-45cf-a47d-8b3a65d8f6b4
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6nLPIOciXW8M6KXZJcl922?si=5s3pobbTQNC1z89caH2EhQ
Useful hyperlinks for following alongside within the episode:
- Tor V3 (Onion) cope with strengthen in Bitcoin Core: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pu…
- The ADDRv2 message added in BIP 155 that permits nodes to gossip the ones new Tor addresses: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/…
- DNS seeds and the bootstrap downside: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/four…
Particular subjects lined:
- How Tor works
- Advantages of working a Bitcoin node in the back of Tor
- Discussing how Bitcoin node gossip addresses
- Explaining how DNS works
- DNS is storing record of bitcoin nodes
Apply Aaron van Wirdum on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AaronvanW
Apply Sjors Provoost on Twitter: @provoost
For extra compelling video content material from Bitcoin’s unique newsletter, subscribe and activate notifications for the Bitcoin Mag YouTube channel.
Connect to us on social media and sign up for the dialog:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/corporate/bitc…
- Fb: https://www.fb.com/BitcoinMagazine
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.television/bitcoin
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and obtain information and research earlier than somebody else: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/subscribe
The submit The Van Wirdum Sjorsnado: Bitcoin Core Zero.21 Helps Tor V3 seemed first on Bitcoin Mag.